Friday, August 9, 2013

Happy 5th!

Happy birthday to my Isaac!  Genna made him his breakfast of choice this morning.  She made him cereal, yogurt, and a waffle with powdered sugar.  He turned 5 today and had his birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese.   


So, Isaac picked superhero cupcakes.  I found these adorable cupcakes and bought everything I needed long in advance.  Then a week ago, Isaac tells a friend of mine that he doesn't really like cake.  He's getting an ice cream cake.  Oh?  So I decided to still make the cupcakes, but to also order a Carvel cake since I recently tried one of their cakes and thought it was amazing.   Then there's that whole 39 week pregnant thing.  Genna was quite shocked that I ordered a cake.  "Have you ever done that before, Mommy?" she asked me.  I, in fact, have never ordered a cake before.

I took pictures before we traveled to Chuck E. Cheese, just in case.  Turned out that they traveled fine with the shelf liner to help keep them in place.  However, the minute I set the container on the table at Chuck E. Cheese, Drew grabbed it and flipped it over.  :)  Luckily, most of them didn't break and we pieced the others back together fairly well.

I made the toppers using Candy Melts, zip lock baggies, and wax paper.




I found this idea on Pinterest for superhero pop favors.  Easy and quite the hit!  I made some Tootsie Roll Pops and some Blow Pops because Isaac's 5 year old privilege is gum chewing.
The Carvel cake was delicious and Isaac loved it!






Isaac got almost all superhero gifts.  He said the best part of the party was playing games.  For dinner we went to Uncle Julio's since they had a free desert for the birthday boy and they give the kids tortilla dough to play with while we wait on our food.  

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

The girls just loved the ice cream cake, but I'm glad to hear the story on it as I wondered. The cup cakes are awesome! Well done!